Fitted with a central processing unit, toll terminals
at user level manage various lane peripherals automatic
vehicle classification systems, traffic signals,
barriers, electronic tolling antennas etc.)
Transaction data and traffic information are collected
in real time and stored before being centralised and
consolidated through local networks.
These local plaza computers communicate with a
central computer via optical fibre networks.
COMPUTER AND ELECTRONIC TOLLING
At the financial level:
• Prevents fraud
• Manages money flow (Revenue of more than
8 billion Euros in France in 2011).
At the technical level:
• Processes all means of payment
• Generates traffic statistics
• Automates toll collection
• 1.3 billion transactions in 2011 (nearly 563 million
of which in Electronic Toll Collection)