Eight of the nine highway operators in France - accounting for 90
% of the country's concession highway network (7,000 Km) use systems
designed by GEA, which already supplies 60 % of the French market.
This leadership gives GEA a unique opportunity to play a major role
in the renovation, extension and upgrading of existing systems, and
to lead the process of toll systems standardization for the interconnection
of the motorway networks.
|Abroad, GEA installed
several remote payment systems in Sweden, Denmark, Brazil and
In particular, GEA developed and installed remote payment systems
for all categories of vehicle (cars and lorries) for the Storebaelt
Bridge in Denmark and the Anhanguera- Bandeirantes motorway
On board tag
AN EXPANDING BUSINESS: AUTOMATED TOLL PLAZAS
GEA offers a comprehensive range of equipment which allows its clients to automate their revenue
collection either partially or entirely.
With more than 150 fully automated toll plazas in service in France, GEA is at the forefront of
technology in this field.
Internationally, several customers have also chosen GEA for all or part of their equipment with
automation in Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Brazil, Asia (Malaysia, Thailand, and China) and in North
- Automatic toll lanes accepting all means of payment (Multi-Payment Machines)
- Automatic vehicle classification systems
- Audio and video systems providing real-time remote assistance to patrons (data and digital image
transmission over high-speed networks)
- Integration of contactless smart card payment systems
- Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) systems
compliant with the European standard
CEN TC 278:
- Within the scope of the TIS (Télépéage
Inter-Sociétés - Inter-Company ETC)
tolling scheme for the French motorway
operators, GEA has:
- Supplied and implemented more than 700 DSRC antennas
- Produced a rapid (50 km/h) Electronic Toll Collection System under TIS technology with
automatic incident detection by video image analysis (AID)
- Completed the TIS ETC software integration (cars and light trucks) for nearly French motorway
operators (light vehicles and HGVs)
- Internationally, GEA has installed several ETC systems in Sweden, Denmark, Brazil, Croatia, Spain,
and in Asia.
- GEA has developed and produced its own mobile microwave on-board units (OBU) and its
own DSRC road-side antennas
GEA OBUs were chosen by the main OBU distributers (SANEF, ASF, AREA, ATMB, AXXES DKV,
EUROTOLL, ESCOTA, ACESA, AUTEMA, SERVIABERTIS).
- Thanks to its efforts in research and development, GEA has an ETC Free Flow system. The first
130 km / h Free Flow systems were commissioned during the year on the A65 (Langon-Pau).
- As part of the “Grenelle Environmental Forum”, GEA designed, together with its clients, and
deployed, the non–stop Tolling System in order to reduce CO2 emissions.
GEA named Company of the Year in December 2010 by the Chamber of Commerce and
Industry of Grenoble and the Presence Magazine.
GEA SENIOR EXECUTIVES AND HUMAN RESSOURCES
On 30th September 2011 GEA staff totalled 211 (206 the previous year) distributed as follows:
|- Engineering and executive :
|- Administrative :
|- Production :